Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

IPS Universal (CI) Taco Flo-Chek

Mannu
Mannu Member Posts: 20
So i'm having a issue with gravity flow to my zones on the supply side. I have the pump, and then 12" of pipe and then a taco flo-chek valve...i have 6 zones. One of the zones is still getting hot water when its not calling for heat. If i move the flo-chek valve further away from the pump, say 18" will this help? I think the installation instructions say it should be 18"

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    do you have 6 pumps 1 for each zone? If so it sounds like the zone getting gravity flow has a bad flow check. I would just replace it at the recommended distance
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 704
    Hi Mannu
    has anything changed in the system? it is possible something floating around in system piping became lodged in seat of Flo-check, hindering its ability to completely close. Another scenario is pump head from a newly installed head on an adjacent zone has capacity to force open check. keep in mind, it takes approximately .5 psi to crack open check by design. If nothing has changed in this system, sometimes, removing the top half of check, and cleaning out seat cavity resolves the ghost flow issue. If problem persists, what some have done, is put a zone valve on the problem zone. Have thermostat wired to zone valve first, opening the valve, use end switch of valve to emulate thermostat, turn pump on, and fire boiler. hopefully, this was helpful. If you want to chat with a technician from Taco, you can reach out to Tech support at 401-942-8000 and ask for tech support.
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions