Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Long Life TACO

Options
I recently had to change out the cartridge on my solar water heater potable circulating pump. it was a 008-BF2 bronze TACO pump originally installed in 1981, part of a NOVAN ( Boulder, CO ) solar system. Back then the Carter administration and state of Colorado offered a combined tax credit of 70%. Wow! that's 41 years of service!! Probably 20 years ago I bought the replacement cartridge and set it on the shelf ( waiting in the wings like prince Charles ). The newly installed cartridge is ready to carry on the job--maybe another 40? The failure was in the composite impeller where the many years of service caused the material to weaken and break off the shaft. if I scratch the remnants it readily flakes off. Kudos to TACO for their pump desighn
HVACNUTSteveSan

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
    Options
    41 years of harvesting solar thermal energy, imagine that. I suspect a good ROI on that system :)
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • SteveSan
    SteveSan Member Posts: 234
    Options
    @nelsonnucla Thank you for the kind words. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future. You can always call into Taco Technical Support 401-942-8000 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST.
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 706
    Options
    is this a drain down open system? that's really good life, and through the years, Taco, changed impeller material to Noryl to tolerate hot oxygenated water even better. Reach back out to us after the next forty so we know how the new material holds up:) thank you for your feedback it helps us continuosly improve...
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
    STEVEusaPA