Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Setting Thermostat

Options
I have Thermolife 6a series. I want to know what temperature I should set floor and room temperature on average? I don't know the difference between the two?

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,852
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Need more information. What is the thermostat connected to? meaning what is on the other end of the thermostat wire that goes behind the wall? Is there a boiler or furnace in the basement or utility room? Is the floor heated by hot water or electricity?

But to guess I might say you have a boiler that makes hot water that heats the floor, and you don't want the hot water to go much above 115° depending on the type of floor covering. (Tile, Carpet, Hardwood.) and you want the room temperature to be 68 or less.

This will most likely be a trial and error thing for you. So, record the settings and wait 24 hours before changing them. If too cold, then increase by small amounts until you get the comfort you like. If too hot then lower as needed in small increments and wait 24 hours between adjustments.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?