Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitodens 222f or green star combi

stilla
stilla Member Posts: 1
I usually only install Vitodens 100’s but I need a floor standing unit due to space. I’ve never installed a 222f and didn’t know if anyone has had any issues.

Comments

• psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 828
    I have installed two of them. Both 130 MBTUs. Excellent boilers. Nice for "on-board" domestic hot water.
    Intall and service "friendly."
  • GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,022
    Just make sure you ask for the correct connection set to go with the 222f. Inexperienced sales people may quote them without the connection kit, make sure you get that kit as part of your quote. I am quite partial to the 222f but they never caught on in my area. I have one that I am procrastinating on parting out/ scrapping that I used as a display for the past 5 years or so.
  • psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 828
    The two places I installed them MI and VT, I would say the same thing: "they didn't really catch on." So finding local contractors that will readily service them is a bit of a stretch. You MUST be 'conversant' with Viessmann's tech support protocol and their parts acquisition. And of course STUDY the manual to understand the "boiler logic.' It's a nice machine...all that said. Oh, and service them annually.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    FWIW.... another option for a floor standing unit.

https://www.idealusa.com/products/floor-standing-boilers
  • gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    222F is an excellent boiler. Installed many of them with no issues.
    GGross
  • We've installed three, all with no problems. However, there was one up in the wine country that was installed by another contractor that had issues with a frozen check valve in an unusual location that took days to find. V. technical support, as good as they are, had never seen the problem. Other than that, they have been flawless.

Make sure to check the condition of the boiler when they get delivered as the packaging is not the greatest and they can get manhandled.

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab