Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant installer or Radiant installer support

Options
ajbeckerhead
ajbeckerhead Member Posts: 6
edited September 2022 in Radiant Heating
My first time posting here. I have a 1500 sq/ft Raised Ranch in Ulster County Ny that I want to install radiant floor heat. I was going to do it myself but after many years of putting it off - pondering the do's and don'ts and in general not knowing so many things I have decided to see if I could find someone somewhat local to me to do it. I know I want to use plates (Wirsboro) and a good quality PEX. I have heat loss calc's done by 2 different
Companies that say it can be done and I have a general idea of what is needed. I also would like to install PEX for my domestic water as well. I don't see that as a terribly large job as most of the pipes are in a pretty confined area. The downstairs of my house is unfinished. The home is a modular that was placed on top of a block/framed foundation. All of the underfloor is accessible. The biggest issue will be some of the floor has oak flooring with the staples coming through. I have cut quite a few off but there is more to do. The floor structure is also flush framed which adds to the complexity a bit.

If anyone interested, please contact me here

thanks for listening!!
Andrew

Comments