Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vacuum condensate pump rental

Hi, consulting engineer here in a bit of a pickle. We designed a replacement pair of boilers for a 95 year-old apartment building here in town and discovered from the manufacturer that despite our constant calls to verify they were going to deliver the boilers in early August, we now find it will be late November prior to them showing up. The vendor is now providing a rental boiler to get us through until our contractor can get one of the new boilers online.
While less than ideal, we are working with the contractor to make this happen. However, we are also replacing the old condensate pump with vacuum as well. That was delayed from September 1st to mid-December.
When we reached out to the boiler rental provider, they didn't know what we were talking about when we described the vacuum return system.
I'm looking for creative solutions and/or a rental vacuum piping system we could investigate. Our rental boiler is 150hp. Any ideas?

Comments

• Pumpguy
    Pumpguy Member Posts: 685
    Can you tell me what is there now in terms of the condensate pumping equipment?

What is the steaming capacity of the boiler package?

What is the air and water pumping capacity of the vacuum pump in terms of GPM, PSI, and CFM?
    Dennis Pataki. Former Service Manager and Heating Pump Product Manager for Nash Engineering Company. Phone: 1-888 853 9963

The first step in solving any problem is TO IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM.
  • Pumpguy
    Pumpguy Member Posts: 685
    Probably the simplest arrangement would be to keep the existing condensate pump set for now, and pipe to its receiver tank a small liquid ring vacuum pump. The vacuum pump can be located just about anywhere that's convenient.

I can help with the vacuum pump, and we can talk off line about how to run the piping. Feel free to give me a call at my phone number below.
    Dennis Pataki. Former Service Manager and Heating Pump Product Manager for Nash Engineering Company. Phone: 1-888 853 9963

The first step in solving any problem is TO IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM.