Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What control is this?

Hi I bought a 30 year old built with structured insulated panels and I am surprised to see that there is no fresh air intake on the heating system. But i believe there was one here a long time ago and they eliminated, why I am not sure. My question for you is do you know what this control is for, it looks like a fresh air control but knowing the brand or what system they were used on might be very helpful in figuring out what was happening in this house. Thank you in advance for turning back your brain clocks to recognize this antique!


    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,870
    The brand looks to be Vent-Aire, and the control looks like a combination humidistat and fan control. 
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,446
    That is a control for an air to air heat exchanger...
    aka and ERV or a HRV.
    Do you have a box in your basement that has hoses or ducts running into it from outside and hoses to grilles on the inside? You probably need this if the construction of your home is pretty tight. An SIP usually would qualify .