Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

which boiler would you go with? Burnham or Slant fin

Options
Joseph_4
Joseph_4 Member Posts: 271
Hi. I have a customer with a 3 year old Burnham ES2-7 that when bad (see post last week) Customer needs new boiler. Burnham offering 1000 rebate which makes the price of all these 3 boilers about the same.

new Es2-7
new Burnham x207
new slantfin senteniel

Which would you advise to go with
thx Joe

Comments

• GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,050
    Options
    My number 1 advice when picking any equipment brand is to be more choosy of where you buy it from than anything. Manufacturer support is only as good as the wholesalers who are stocking the product. Personally I sell Slant Fin products, and Burnham products, I would put them on equal levels in terms of residential cast iron selection. Slant fin boiler division was recently acquired by Burnham, so before too long they will be rolling out of the same factory
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    I'd try to figure out why it went bad first.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

EdTheHeaterMan
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,859
    Options
    Crown by Velocity Boiler works has always been good to me! But I grew up in Philadelphia area and have been able to just go there and get what I need. I just needed to get a PO number from a local supply house. Then I would pay the supply house for the part. I got to know the owners (before they sold to US Boiler) and the process got streamlined. For me anyway! They have detailed pipe and fitting list with each steam boiler. Takes the guesswork out of proper near boiler piping. This might fix the problem mentioned by @STEVEusaPA

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

GGrossSTEVEusaPA
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options

Crown by Velocity Boiler works has always been good to me! But I grew up in Philadelphia area and have been able to just go there and get what I need. I just needed to get a PO number from a local supply house. Then I would pay the supply house for the part. I got to know the owners (before they sold to US Boiler) and the process got streamlined. For me anyway! They have detailed pipe and fitting list with each steam boiler. Takes the guesswork out of proper near boiler piping. This might fix the problem mentioned by @STEVEusaPA

You left out the part where you stand at the cage in the warehouse while people walk by asking if you been helped yet..and no one helps you for a while.
    Been there many times for chamber kits.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,859
    Options
    @STEVEusaPA, The former owner's son, Yale, used to bring parts from Philadelphia to his home in Atlantic county NJ where I could pick up the parts there. No waiting in line at the warehouse. That was because I installing a live Fire Demo at a local supply house with polished copper piping, that made him notice me. I then got to install the new Crown ModCom in his home. His was the 4th one I installed and I really liked it.

But in the beginning of time I remember standing there... Has anyone Helped you yet? ...then they walk away LOL

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?