Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.


gcort Member Posts: 6
Hi guys. I have a utica peg150eid. I'm starting my near boiler piping which was done incorrectly giving me wet steam. Before beginning I was poking around try to see where I was losing water during the season. I found a drip right at the low water cut off probe at the  porcelain and brass joint on the probe. 
 My question is can I replace just the probe or do I need to replace the whole system. Meaning the electronic box on side and the probe. Part 240009896. I ask because I'm having trouble just locating the brass probe on its own.  Thanks Greg


  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,563
    edited August 2022
    You can replace just the probe. In my experience if repairing HVAC/Boiler systems, there are times that require that one might replace a LWCO. It is often easier to install the replacement control on the existing probe in an emergency service call late at night. This leaves me with 2 or 3 probes that have never bee used rolling around the shelves of my service truck. If the supply house does not sell the probe only, you may ask one of the service tech or plumbers at the counter waiting in line if they may have n extra one on the truck.

    I would give something like that to a fellow repairman for a couple of dollars for a sandwich or a coffee. Depends on my mood and what is in my wallet at the time.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,413
    It looks like a Utica house part number. Try getting the hydrolevel manual and looking for the part number in there
  • gcort
    gcort Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Matthias you nailed it! Putting order in now. I was hoping I didn't have to spend $220.00 for whole system. Thanks again.