Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Carrier Continuous fan

Options
Hi everyone what is continuous fan? Does it relates low cooling stage? Also does it effect air flow? 

Comments

• 109A_5
    109A_5 Member Posts: 1,385
    Options
    It is just the mode for the indoor fan only when commanded on. The fan speed (air flow volume) can be set differently unique to that mode. Assuming the thermostat has a switch for that mode and is wired for it. Heat or cooling will override the continuous fan speed if set differently for those modes.
    National - U.S. Gas Boiler 45+ Years Old
    Steam 300 SQ. FT. - EDR 347
    One Pipe System
    GGross
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,639
    Options
    109A_5 said:

It is just the mode for the indoor fan only when commanded on. The fan speed (air flow volume) can be set differently unique to that mode. Assuming the thermostat has a switch for that mode and is wired for it. Heat or cooling will override the continuous fan speed if set differently for those modes.

If i'm looking at that chart right, and having the whole page would help a lot, it is the same dip switches for fan and for low cool so whatever is set for one is what is uses for the other. It is the fan speed it runs when you close G.
  • johnjohn89
    johnjohn89 Member Posts: 100
    Options
    mattmia2 said:
    If i'm looking at that chart right, and having the whole page would help a lot, it is the same dip switches for fan and for low cool so whatever is set for one is what is uses for the other. It is the fan speed it runs when you close G.
    It won’t effect air flow? What about if I got two stage cooling? Does it still run continuously same speed? Thanks
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,639
    Options
    Show us the whole page. From that chart it looks like Switch 2 positions 3-5 set the airflow(or speed, I'm not sure what the columns are, if this is fixed speed or has some intelligence) for fan and low cool so whatever is set for one is set for the other.