Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heated Floors

wre
wre Member Posts: 1
We have heated floors in our bathroom. They have WIRSBO motorized valve actuator. We have it off but the floor is still very hot (hotter somedays then others). Any suggestions? Do we call a plumber or an electrician?

Comments

• leonz
    leonz Member Posts: 1,095
    If the floor is still hot the valve must be stuck in the open position. You may need a new valve.
    geno907
  • bburd
    bburd Member Posts: 909
    You call an HVAC contractor that works on hydronic (hot water) heating systems. Not an electrician; and most plumbers are not familiar with that equipment.

Bburd
    geno907
  • Dave Carpentier
    Dave Carpentier Member Posts: 586
    When you take the motorized actuator off, doesnt that open the valve ?
    When you install the MVA, it pushes the pin down and closes the valve. When the motor runs, it releases the valve to open.
    The room was overheating before you removed the MVA ? Its either a control problem telling the valve to open, or the MVA is broken internally. My MVAs started having issues at about the 10 year mark.. usually the end switch, but some of them broke internally.
    Depending on the valve/manifold type, you might be able to manually close the valve off by screwing down the valve body (the pin is just the topside of the valve) goes down with it. On mine (old type Wirsbo round manifold), I have black caps that fit over the pin upside down.. it fits in little slots to enable me to turn clockwise and shut the valve manually.
    30+ yrs in telecom outside plant.
    Currently in building maintenance.