Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Amana Curtain Wall Up Flow Replacement

Options
Has anyone found a replacement for an Amana Curtain Wall PTAC style unit?
This unit has the supply and return on the top of the unit and the entire unit drops in from the top instead of from the front like a standard unit. There is a fin tube that runs though the cabinet but that is independent of this PTAC unit. We have talked with vendors about replacements but they want a minimum of 100 units to build replacements, The picture show the units but they have the top covered with cushions at this time as the AC is not needed

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,673
    Options
  • Mkowal5220
    Mkowal5220 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Unfortunately they say they discontinued making a replacement for this unit
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,673
    Options
    That's too bad. They show a replacement for an "Amana Coffin" in their catalog.

Is there anything actually wrong with it? Maybe there is someone out there that you can send it to to have it refurbished.
  • Mkowal5220
    Mkowal5220 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    The Island Aire rep told us the minimum order was 100 for this unit but this is a Condo unit so of course the tenants have to buy their own units so they don't have a need for that many. When I passed this on to the management company they were open to the idea of maybe purchasing 100 units and selling those to the condo owners. When I checked with the Island Aire Rep he said he deals directly with this customer directly and we add no value so I was trying to find another option.