Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

3 Amp Fuse Blows Sporadically

13»

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,630
    I've heard of the shield for the coax for the cable ending up carrying the neutral current too.
    JUGHNE
  • Blower55
    Blower55 Member Posts: 24
    Folks - it has been two weeks since the foil discovery and my AC has worked flawlessly since then. Can't thank you enough for hanging in there with me to diagnose the issue! You guys rock!
    EdTheHeaterManJUGHNEMikeAmann
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,828
    It is time to reinstall the Limit Switch. You should take the front panel off of the furnace (at least partially) and secure the insulation with some sort of foil tape or perhaps replace that insulation with something new. If you are not up for the DIY task, then you should look into having a pro put it on his schedule as a "fill in job" over the next few months.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • dpilot83
    dpilot83 Member Posts: 1
    I know this is an old thread but I stumbled upon it in a Google search.

My sole reason for registering and posting is to thank everyone in this thread for their efforts. From the original poster stubbornly keeping at it to the experienced posters who kept being willing to help, it was a fascinating read.

No parts changers to be seen here. Only diagnostics experts and one very persistent home owner!

Thanks everyone.
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes109A_5