Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anyone know a good boiler tech?

cberwald
cberwald Member Posts: 10
Can anyone recommend a good tech for a residential boiler in Seattle? One pipe steam.

Comments

• bburd
    bburd Member Posts: 909
    Try the “find a contractor” link on this site.

Bburd
    cberwald
  • cberwald
    Thanks. The closest contractor that the site has listed is in Utah.
  • Gsmith
    Gsmith Member Posts: 431
    What are your issues? You can get a surprising amount of help from the good folks on this site if share your concerns.
    MaxMercy
  • cberwald
    I had a very knowledgeable contractor, who either passed away or did a hard retire several years ago. His business phone went dead. I recently found that his son who had been doing most of the tech work had gone off to a plumbing outfit. The oil delivery company has two techs and I am only their third customer that still has a steam system.
    This week I've had no heat secondary to a bad low water cut-off sensor that was dirty enough to fail and I didn't have the knowledge to figure out how to get it out. The oil company tech came today and fixed me up.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough. When I die and go to hell, I will be a plumber.
    I had some nasty water hammers going to the main vent. After watching some of Holoman's videos I did a survey of the piping and found that a hanger had been removed and one elbow had sagged about 6 inches. This was done in 1992 by the plumbers in my kitchen remodel. One screw and it seems the big bangs are gone.
    I'm trying to find someone who can look at the system as a whole and not just the the oil burner. Someone who would have pointed at the hanger and said "Well There's your problem."
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,574
    Maybe try to find the plumber son and see who they know?
    cberwald