Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ELKAY

taylorgeo
taylorgeo Member Posts: 74
Anyone use their residential kitchen faucets and sinks?

Just wondering how the quality is.

Thanks!

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 755
    Elkay makes good quality products ..... like everybody today they sell more than one line of product. Elkay was always my go to for my sinks .... both rentals and my personal projects when the cost of Franke was not justified. As far as faucets .... have only used them once and they seem equal to other big name US makers. Again -- you have to look at the line of faucets. I buy through a supply house and try and get the USA made stuff -- the big box stores don't carry the full line. For my rentals I always bought from the better Moen line. Mostly it's a matter of how much plastic.

With the sink it's all about the thickness and the metal makeup -- that's how you should compare.
  • psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 828
    Higher nickel content in stainless steel = higher price and quality. Also consider the gauge of the metal. Thin = not-so- good.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Elkay manufactures several different gauges of SS for the sinks. The thicker the gauge, the higher cost.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,023
    When you buy deep basins stainless they are always the heavier gauge. Elkay offered 3 different gauges for years.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,575
    i have a stainless sink that is great. they would be my recommendation for stainless sinks. they sell multiple grades depending on how durable and deep you want