Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Shortage of Gorton Vents

Options
I just logged onto Supplyhouse.com and saw they have a very limited supply of radiator vents. Is there now a shortage of these vents on the market along with everything else?

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,639
    Options
    are they shown as backordered or just out of stock? a lot of stuff they don't stock but can get quickly.
  • Pumpguy
    Pumpguy Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Hopefully @mattmia2 is correct and they can get them quickly.

That said, I am finding that so many accessory hardware items for steam heating systems and related pumping equipment is not in stock and has a long lead time.

Case in point is a mechanical alternating float switch I have on order from Supplyhouse.com. Same story, no stock and uncertain lead time.
    Dennis Pataki. Former Service Manager and Heating Pump Product Manager for Nash Engineering Company. Phone: 1-888 853 9963

The first step in solving any problem is TO IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM.
  • Hap_Hazzard
    Hap_Hazzard Member Posts: 2,846
    Options
    I assume you're looking at the ⅛" angle radiator vents, because they have a lot of the straight ones. The only angled one they're showing is the #6, and they have 60 of those. The thing that strikes me as strange is that they usually show an item as backordered when they run out, like this: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Hoffman-401422-1A-1-8-Adjustable-Angle-Steam-Radiator-Air-Valve-3516000-p

Maybe you should ask them what's up with that.

Just another DIYer | King of Prussia, PA
    1983(?) Peerless G-561-W-S | 3" drop header, CG400-1090, VXT-24
  • Dan_NJ
    Dan_NJ Member Posts: 247
    Options
    Interesting, after my experience with Gorton 2 years ago where I ordered 2 of them and one was a fail right out of the box, and combined with recent similar comments on their failure rate, I wonder if they've got other problems and not just supply chain issues.