Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

all the preset 3/4" clip on aquastats seem to run 95-115, i need 135-145 kinda thang

Options
like these examples from TACO and Grundfos

I need similar form factor for 135 to 145 kind thing to keep the return above condensing for a small add on application on a cast iron oil fired boiler . . . can anyone point me there?

thanks, brian

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    Honeywell L6006C.
    kcopp
  • archibald tuttle
    archibald tuttle Member Posts: 1,085
    Options
    @HVACNUT thanks, I knew about the adjustables, e.g this strap on, because i'm trying to monitor return temps, but as a matter of expense and convenience where i don't need adjustment thought I would easily find a fixed temp fixed differential curved surface button style with like 135 cut in and 10 or 15 deg. fixed differential. but so far drilling empty holes. i've managed this kind of thing with ODR style relays with the temp sensor on the return that have an anti-condensing minimum temp set, but in this case i'm not looking for sliding scale temp based on outdoors, just when this adjunct call is signaled to stay just above condensing temps.

I am absolutely sure I could generically obtain a flat surface bimetal button in this range and make my own 'clip'. I don't know about those designed with the slight curve for pipe mounting, nevemind the clip question. so this could be a question of more familiarity with process/industrial/appliance style controls than hydronic heating controls.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Johnstone supply has a good selection of "snap discs". They will either be a F or L. Fan for fan, make on temperature rise. L for limit, which break on temperature rise. A hose clamp is a work around :)

I suppose you could file a piece of aluminum bar stock to get a flat- round adapter. The box stores sell short pieces of all shapes of aluminum.

One simple way is to use a hole saw the size of the tube. Drill through the piece of aluminum, then hack saw in half. Theres your adapter.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • archibald tuttle
    archibald tuttle Member Posts: 1,085
    Options
    @hot_rod thanks. johnstone is good to plumb . . . sorry :-)

also found these senasys products which don't need to be modified, ready made for 1" pipe mount. They don't have the precise range I'm after but the make at 140, break at 150 option given the plue or minus 5 degrees is probably just fine and i can get em with 72" leads. it's 15 amp rated at 120.