Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Logstor fittings

Options
Matt_67
Matt_67 Member Posts: 288
Does anybody have a good source for Logstor fittings? I'm working on a project where the underground piping is installed and its 32mm pex. So far I haven't gotten response from the rep and I haven't been able to find any online either.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,217
    Options
    PE geo tube is 1.315 od.
    32mm is 1.26, so I think the common geo grip fittings will work. He is a version we offer from Caleffi.
    Is this for a wood boiler? if so the temperature rating of the fitting is important. I'm not sure plastic GEO compression fittings would work?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Matt_67
    edited February 2022
    Options
    It is for a wood boiler - it’s a wood chip boiler for a small 6 building campus. These fittings would be 15 to 20 feet from the boiler but it would be good if they could take higher temps. The logstor pipe is good stuff - kind of frustrating not to be able to find proper fittings for it.

Can the brass Caleffi fittings take the heat? If so would you have a part number?
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,217
    Options
    Quite a few dealers show up when you Google Logstor, in the US and Canada. Are their fittings not available.

The ones I have are 34 mm. We do make 32 mm, but they are a Euro product.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Matt_67
    Options
    I'm getting a lot of "pound a 1 inch hose adapter into the pipe and put some hose clamps on it". I see availability of 32mm pex-al-pex fittings but of course the ID is different. I'll need 28 of them on this project so I'm really hoping to source the right fitting if possible. I get the feeling they are expensive and the dealers would rather not stock them?
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,921
    Options
    The correct Logstor fittings are compression like Hot Rod shows, but the availability is near zero from Urecon dealers. I got tired of it a few years ago and started using regular 1-1/4" pex crimp fittings with doubled copper crimp rings. Slide one ring on, gently heat the Logstor with a torch and push a 1-1/4" pex x male adapter in it, crimp the ring, then split a second ring with a side cutter and open it up so it fits around the first one- then crimp again. It effectively makes the crimp jaw smaller, having the additional ring thickness inside the jaw, which gives a perfect squeeze on the inner ring. If you know a good machinist, you could have a 1" jaw milled out to the right diameter. Yes it seems hokey, but it's certainly better than hose clamps and barb fittings.
  • Karl Reynolds
    Karl Reynolds Member Posts: 63
    Options
    Look at Uponor's part number 505851. They are 32mm compression by 1" MPT. I have four of them but Uponor has more than thirty-two.
  • Matt_67
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I appreciate the help. I'll be using the compression fittings on this one but that 1-1/4" PEX idea is a good one too.