Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Laars wall hung combi boilers

chrisd410
chrisd410 Member Posts: 2
Gentlemen I’m curious how everyone likes to set there outdoor reset controls on these wall hung boilers as far as hi/lo and outside temps to get the most efficiency out of them with baseboard set ups I’m currently located on Long Island and have installed many of these boilers without issue just curious what temps people like to run at thank you.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    You would like to run the lowest possible temperature on your design day and cover the heat load

The long answer would be a room by room load calc, then measure the baseboard in each room and see what the Awt average water temperature that is needed to cover the heat load. Start the ODR at that temperature.

Or the trial and error method😁. Guesstimate it at 180 for design day. Problem with that is you would need a day or two at design condition to know.

Some boilers have a boost function, if the run non stop for a period of time without catching up, the control will allow the boiler temperature to increase.
    I think Rathe and Associates on LI are the reps, they know those boilers well.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    chrisd410
  • chrisd410
    chrisd410 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you hot_rod I appreciate the input I think on Monday I’m going to give them a call and see if I can pick there brains a bit I usually do do my load calculations and adjust the temp down a bit I just worry about a potential call back not that it’s hard to rectify but an unprofessional look. I always want to have the boiler as efficient as I can have it set up for the customer