Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant controlling Triangle Tube Solo boiler output temp

Eja55
Eja55 Member Posts: 2
Have a Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 110 piped p/s. Two circuits on panel radiators, one on radiant floor, one DHW. Install 12 years ago with no issues on operations. ODR installed. Recently a problem has developed concerning the supply water temp. When the floor is operating the water temp is around 100-110, when the panels are operating at the same time the temp stays at low temp. Shut off the radiant floor, temp goes up to 160 as required. Have a Apollo 34A mixing valve for the radiant floor circuit. All pumps seem to be working. This issue just started this year. Thinking possible failed mixing valve. Looking for some direction..

Comments

• psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 888
    With the floor only calling for heat and then watching as a call for heat is made for panel rad zone, if the boiler temp doesn't increase appropriately, I would think something is wrong with the boiler. I wouldn't suspect the mixing valve if the floor is heating as desired. Call to Triangle Tube tech support?
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Where are the thermostats landed? What is controlling the circulators? Are the circs coming from the boiler? And all 3 zones TT going to the boiler?

If so, then there is most deinatly a glitch in the boiler logic. 
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • Eja55
    Eja55 Member Posts: 2
    The heating stats are all connected to a Taco switch relay,. DHW stat is on the indirect Smart connected directly to boiler control. The more I watch the boiler operation, I noticed when call for DHW, supply only goes to about 140-150, when it should be 180+. Have another control module, will change it.
    This boiler has been flawless in operation for 12 years, so I should expect some issues to start showing up.