Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas valve "ON" but won't go to "Run" mode

Options
peterbeal
peterbeal Member Posts: 4
edited February 2022 in THE MAIN WALL
I have a HTP Elite El 301 Natural Gas boiler that when it ignites the gas valve stays in the "on" mode but will not go to the "run" mode. Then boiler will run for about 25 seconds with the display showing gas valve " on" but instead of the fan ramping up the unit slows down and the ignition stops and will not ramp up to go to " run" mode. The boiler will continue this cycle without locking out.

The gas pressures are correct. The flame rectification rod and electrode are new. The boiler is clean and nothing appears blocked. It appears to ignite correctly and goes beyond the flame rectification period but the unit won't ramp up to go in the run mode. The flame signal appears correct. Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,678
    Options
    What codes are set if you go in to the installer menu and look at the error code item?
  • peterbeal
    Options
    The Boiler will continue to cycle over 3 times without giving a code or locking out. It did lockout once with a F10 error. I don't have the error code book with me but it was flame loss I believe.
  • mattmia2
    Options
    Are you sure it is getting a continuous heat call? Try jumpering TT. It seems like if it is aborting an ignition cycle it would set a code for why.
  • mattmia2
    Options
    Or the circulator comes on and the return water temp is above the setpoint.
  • peterbeal
    Options
    I can try jumping it but was letting to do it's own thing. There are two boilers so this one is the follower. The code was for flame loss F 10 when it gave one. The problem could be anything which is the problem. Bad controller , circuit boards or anything.
  • mattmia2
    Options
    Oh, if it is following the other boiler in a cascaded setup i'd look at settings and communications cable with that.
  • peterbeal
    Options
    I will take another look at it.

Thank you