Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

old Burnham boiler sometimes wont ignite but works fine when restarted

Options
dean32
dean32 Member Posts: 2
I have a old burnham 206ncl (natural gas) sometimes it just wont ignite and then when I restart the unit, it ignites right away. I have called the tech over but we can never replicate the issue and the tech says everything is working fine. Anyone ever experienced something similar?

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    Does it have a vent damper? Sometimes they get hung up. Look to see if its 100% open next time that happens.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    What do you mean by "restart the unit"?
    If you mean turning the power off and on, or lowering, then raising the thermostat, then odds are it's an electrical issue. Whether it's a relay, or as @kcopp mentioned, the end switch in the vent damper, if there is one.
    If you do have a vent damper, there might be a small "auto/manual" switch on the motor housing. While the boiler is running and the damper is open, switch it to "open". If the problem goes away, that's it.

• dean32
    dean32 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    thanks @kcopp and @HVACNUT by restart I meant power on and off. With your help I have ruled out damper as the culprit. The units clicks for few short seconds and then quits. I need a pro to check out the electrical