Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

outdoor reset Heat-Timer EPU-D alternatives (even a raspberry pie custom project?)

Options
Boiler service is recommending install of a Heat-Timer EPU-D. Seems like a great product, but I cannot afford to get it for a few more years. This costs a lot of money (over 2K)

Any other products that anyone can recommend? I would even consider building a simple app on a raspberry pie that can read outdoor temps and run the algorithm to control the furnace.

Thanks!

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,524
    Options
    Tekmar make one that works well and is easy to set up. Much less $$$

I forget the steam model. 268?, 265? something like that. You will be happy with it. You just need the outdoor sensor that it will come with aas well as the indoor (steam established) sensor. Easy to wire and set up
    rhodebump
  • jad3675
    jad3675 Member Posts: 127
    Options

Tekmar make one that works well and is easy to set up. Much less $$$

I forget the steam model. 268?, 265? something like that. You will be happy with it. You just need the outdoor sensor that it will come with aas well as the indoor (steam established) sensor. Easy to wire and set up

Tekmark 279. Buddy at work was looking at one for his system. It's still expensive, though.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,524
    Options
    @jad3675

Everything is expensive. Tekmar looks cheap compared to a Heat Timer
    Dave in QCA
  • rhodebump
    rhodebump Member Posts: 152
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I was able to pick up a used Tekmar 269 with all the sensors (outdoor sensor, condensate sensor, indoor sensor) for about $250.

The 269 is an earlier model of the 279.