Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco SR504-4 Single Thermostat Wiring

Options
Chieffy
Chieffy Member Posts: 2
I have a SR504-4 Taco switching relay hooked up to 3 Aquapump circulator pumps. I would like to have 1 thermostat activate the first and second zone circulators so that both pumps turn on when the single thermostat calls for heat. Is there a way to wire this in the Taco box?

Comments

• HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    Options
    So you have 2 thermostats? Let's say Taco 1 & 2 positions on the board you want to control with one thermostat. I have not done this, but I would connect the thermostat to the R & W connections on the Taco board and jump from there to the Taco #2 position R & W with a jumper. Keep in mind that the jumper goes from R to R and a jumper goes from W to W. Don't go from R in the first position to W in the second position.

What kind of thermostat do you plan on using?
  • SteveSan
    SteveSan Member Posts: 235
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @Chieffy Wire the one zone as you would normally R-R and W-W. Then the second zone just "jump" the W from the first to the W on the second. If you have any questions please give us a call here at Taco 401-942-8000 ask for Tech Support. We are here Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST.
    HomerJSmithDan_L
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Yes, the R connection is the same on both R terminals, you only need the W to W connection. Good thinking.
    SteveSan
  • Chieffy
    Chieffy Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks all, worked perfectly jumping the W to W
    SteveSan