Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

weil Mclain wm97

Options
creger.robert
creger.robert Member Posts: 38
wm97 high effeciency boiler natural gas-burner fires for 12 seconds then shuts down and go thru cycle again and again-never goes to a code on screen-gas pressure is good.
check vent and intake open-any thoughts

Comments

• Tim_D
    Tim_D Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Is this a WM-97-155? If so, check the burner gasket. The gasket is conductive and part of the flame rectification circuit. If it is compromised you will get a weak flame signal and the problem that you have described. You can also try reconfiguring the control to a model 110 which allows for a lower flame signal. If it runs in this configuration you will want to check the burner gasket.
    kcopp
  • skiereric
    skiereric Member Posts: 66
    Options
    I had and solved the same issue with my WM97+ 155 boiler.r

Enter the contractor setting menu ( up and down together for 7 sec ) and go to diagnostics, manual test mode.

Keep an eye on the "flame signal"

If a flame signal of > 160 is not obtained in 5 seconds it will cycle again.

I have the same boiler and agree it could be the burner gasket issue. But it could also be a dirty ignitor or a damaged ignitor gasket. Take the ignitor out and clean with a scotch pad, also make sure the ignitor gasket is in good condition.