Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil Mclain WM97 - Wireless Outdoor Reset Option

Options
apanek01
apanek01 Member Posts: 10
I am looking for a wireless outdoor temperature sensor to use on a Weil Mclain WM97 boiler. The boiler is located in a condo in the interior of unit and no outside walls are easily accessible to hardwire the sensor.

Comments

• flat_twin
    flat_twin Member Posts: 350
    Options
    Have to you talked to an electrician or other wiring tech about fishing walls / ceiling for the outside temp sensor?
  • apanek01
    Options
    The front and back of the unit are the only 2 outside walls as the condo has units left and right of it and below and above. The ceiling and floor joists run perpendicular to the front and back of unit and dozen of joists to drill through including some left and right turns in between - significant work to go through the interior living space to an outside wall. To go up to the roof you have to go through another condo. Years ago when the boiler was installed, they had to tear into the units above walls to route the direct venting for the boiler out to to the roof --- and get this -- the units above the boiler is in a different location - so the boiler rooms for each unit are not stacked on each other! The installers at the time should have ran the outdoor wiring to the roof, but they didn't!!
  • flat_twin
    flat_twin Member Posts: 350
    edited January 2022
    Options
    OK, that helps to see the problem more clearly.

apanek01
  • apanek01
    Options
    np. the complexity I see here for a wireless outdoor temp sensor for a boiler is that the boiler reads the temp in ohms. So the wireless sensor would need to supply a constant reading in ohms to the boiler. I did some searching around, but haven't found anything.

anyone know of a wireless outdoor temp sensor for a boiler?
  • Tim_D
    Tim_D Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Tekmar, Honeywell and Functional Devices all offer wireless outdoor sensors.