Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Couple of questions on Honeywell Vision Pro 8000

Options
Newbie here! I have a Honeywell VP8000 tstat that controls my main zone1. I have zones 2 and 3 using the HW smart color tstat. I have a Trane xv80 oil furnace and an XR16 heat pump. My heat pump is set as primary and oil is my backup. Oil is set to kick in when outdoor temp goes below 35 degrees. A few times in the last few days, when the temp has been in the single digits, oil is running as heat pump will never kick on with those temps. In the morning, as each zone comes up to temp, zone 1 will go into wait mode. The other 2 zones will run and satisfy, the system shuts down, but zone 1 doesn't come out of wait mode, even though the zone isn't close to set temp. Another zone will call, system will start, and then zone 1 will move from wait to heat on.

Questions are, I thought the 'wait' is technically used to ensure the compressor doesn't get damaged, but why would that be an issue if the heat pump is not running but oil backup is? I also don't understand why Z1 sometimes doesn't come out of wait. Also, not a concerning question, but it seems the tstats will show Heat On, whether or not the primary or backup is running, but other times the VP8000 will show AuxHeat On, which I would expect it to show every time my back up oil is running?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.