Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas boiler, 2 zones, downstairs cold

Options
nFbDynox
nFbDynox Member Posts: 1
I'll try to explain this the best I can. September of 2020 we had all the baseboard heaters replaced downstairs and had a 2 zone system installed. The company that did the work went through and did all the measurements to make sure they installed enough baseboard heating. During winter the downstairs has issues staying warm especially when the temps get below 30. Although the upstairs will stay heated just fine. All the baseboard heaters get hot, all the lines get hot as well. The circulation pump seems to be working as the line after the pump is hot. Although the pump gets really hot. Too hot to touch. I did clean the boiler and made sure the water pressure is good. The flames are the blue color they should be. The high limit on the boiler is set to 185 and it does reach that temp just fine according to the gauge on the boiler. If I set the thermostat downstairs to 70 it won't reach it. Typically at night, I'll set the thermostat to 68 but when I wake up it says the temp in the house is at 60. I can have the upstairs set at 65 and it will feel nice and warm all day. I am hoping someone may have some advice as to why this is happening.

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,062
    Options
    There always has to be pictures....boiler and piping.
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,703
    Options
    and of the radiators also
    known to beat dead horses