Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Can anyone verify if this air separator cap will work?

Timco
Timco Member Posts: 3,040
I have a B&G vent that needs a new cap / float. I cannot find a B&G branded unit but this Caleffi sure looks like it. Anyone know if this is indeed the right part? Thanks. 
Just a guy running some pipes.

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 10,157
    edited January 2022
    @hot_rod is the one to ask about this. You can also try unscrewing that top cap and see if you can clean out whatever is keeping it from sealing.
    Timco
  • Timco
    mattmia2 said:
    @hot_rod is the one to ask about this. You can also try unscrewing that top cap and see if you can clean out whatever is keeping it from sealing.
    I’m always reluctant to remove anything without the new part in hand. If it won’t seal back up things got worse. Now I can tighten the small cap and seal it up. 
    HVACNUT
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,678
    Save some $$ this should be all you need to replace. Most times they can be cleaned, occasionally an o-ring rips. Best to have the whole new assembly.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    SuperTech
  • Timco
    hot_rod said:
    Save some $$ this should be all you need to replace. Most times they can be cleaned, occasionally an o-ring rips. Best to have the whole new assembly.
    Ordered. Thanks!!
  • Timco
    tommay said:
    First just push down on the needle valve inside to flush it out in case there is just some crap caught up in there....a little drip isn't much of a problem as is screwing the cap down.
    It’s pouring water out if I loosen the cap. Replacement ordered.