Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Philadelphia steam tech?

Options
Cto
Cto Member Posts: 13
Hello - had a new boiler put in last year and would like to have someone come and service it in Philadelphia area.  Any recommendations?  Thank you! 

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,852
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Philadelphia is a big area. My brother is in Richboro Bucks Co. just north of Phila. He will go into NE Phila to do service. Although he is not as good as me, he would do a good job. It's the way we were raised. Oil heat in our blood. However he is great on everything HVAC. F T Young Associates. Otherwise use the Find A Contractor link above.

https://www.ftyoung.com/

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

CorktownCtoCLamb
  • Corktown
    Corktown Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Re: “Although he is not as good as me“

You have to love a competitive spirit between brothers! ....
  • Hap_Hazzard
    Hap_Hazzard Member Posts: 2,846
    Options
    I live in King of Prussia, and I had someone from Unique Indoor Comfort in Conshohocken come out a few years ago to do a combustion analysis, and we started chatting about steam and he mentioned he'd taken some classes from Dan. Unfortunately I didn't get his name, but it shows that there are people out there who are familiar with Dan's work, have maybe even taken his classes, but, for one reason or another, don't show up in Find a Contractor.

If I had to guess I'd say that guys who work for bigger companies aren't as eager to promote their company as partners and sole proprietors—not that they aren't proud of where they work, but they don't see marketing as their job. I think this might explain the apparent dearth of steam contractors in the Philly area, as it seems to be somewhat dominated by bigger companies. Maybe those of us who know what questions to ask should reach out and find the people at these companies who have the right training and experience and tell them to get active in the forums and list themselves in Find a Contractor.

One guy who is listed there is Rick Hansell, in Newtown Square. I've exchanged a few emails with him and he seems to know his stuff.
    Just another DIYer | King of Prussia, PA
    1983(?) Peerless G-561-W-S | 3" drop header, CG400-1090, VXT-24
    Cto
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,540
    Options
    Bigger companies that know steam or that have techs that do are usually after larger jobs than residential.