Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessman

Options
Steve_210
Steve_210 Member Posts: 646

Anybody have any information on this fault code I can’t find it in either Manuel

Comments

• Steve_210
    Options
    Who is the Viessman rep New York City any info appreciate it thank you
  • Steve_210
    Options
    Or who is the Viessman rep New York City
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    You can also text Viessmann tech. support directly at (800)387-7373. You have to include the model number and serial number of the boiler to get a case #.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Steve_210
    Options
    Thank you Alan
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,544
    edited January 2022
    Options
    There is a button on the front of the boiler/Burner.
    Did you push the reset on the burner yet...

Edit:Other things to do on a annual base is to pull the burner and clean or repl. the flame sensing rod and the spark ignition rods..
  • Steve_210
    Options
    Yes I did all that yesterday but I still have not got in touch with Viessman I text the number this morning no response
  • Steve_210
    Options
    The button on the front is the standard lockout button on all burners.
    question is I need to find a fault code
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    IMO you may not find a Fault code since the burner does'nt communicate that back to the Vitotrol..
    For exsample: A faulty flow switch on the "A series" just will not show up..

Did you check the "Glocken spiel" on the burner...It is a timer with all kinds of simbols..
    if it get stuck on a certain position you can troubleshot it..
    Not sure about replacement parts !
    Nine out of ten times the rods need to be cleaned..
  • sunlight33
    sunlight33 Member Posts: 378
    Options
    press i button (above OK button) should reveal the fault code.
    Options
    I'm sorry. The proper number for texting is (844)649-5886. You will get a quick, automated response that your message was received and that you will be helped by the next available representative.

• Steve_210
    Options
    OK thanks guys but does anybody have the fault codes
    Should it not be in the service manual?
  • Steve_210
    Options
    All good I got in touch with them thanks
    Options
    Can you share what you found out?

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    @Steve_210, are you a tech?
    A had to call Viessmann last week and support was through text and phone calls as they are working remotely due to Covid. 
    They need all your business info before they give you a case number. 
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 755
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I'm not sure 138 is a code .... is that not the boiler temp?

Thought Buderus had confusing controls until I bought a house with an oil fired Viessmann .. I don't remember any real "fault" feedback.

See now that is a gas boiler -- looks just like my old oil unit. Mine was a control vs a real interface ... it basically controlled the boiler on/off and ran the ancillary options (pumps/mixing valve/indirect). Faults were basically ... the burner kicked off or the unit overheated. Mine would not tell you why
  • gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    edited January 2022
    Options
    That's not a fault, that's water temp. you can press "I" button to see the fault. take a picture of the fault code. then reset it follow the prompts. You can access fault history as well.
    you can access viessmann fault checker. documentation available on the viessmann website. you will need the control model number. it is in the lower right corner of the control.

https://www.vitoteam.com/reward/troubleshooter.php
    take a picture of all messages for reference

Alan (California Radiant) ForbesCMadatMe
  • Steve_210
    Options
    All good Viessman were very helpful once they had my business details which I think is good, you don’t want anybody messing with these or any other boilers.
    The fault code with an outdoor sensor which I haven’t even found yet, I don’t know if there was ever one connected, opened up the combustion chamber cleaned sensors and igniters well and no problem since with the boiler. [No lockout]
    I have ordered extra to have on the job.Combustion chamber was incredibly clean for a boiler that I don’t think Has been opened up in about 10 years.
    I will post some more questions about the radiant system later they’re using three RMB 1. for approximately 700 ft.² obviously way overkill I’m going to rearrange a few things.
    At the back of the boiler there’s two connections it looks for either Solar or snowmelt I will post some pictures of that also
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • Steve_210
    Options

• Steve_210
    Options
    As I said I have three RMB1s doing approximately 650 ft.² 2 thermostats in one room, thermostats are I believe Techmar 511 programmable with slab sensors.
    Installed probably 15 years ago and The mixing blocks always read short on outdoor sensor. There are 3 boiler sensors installed on the common supply to the three mixing blocks. I went into the parameters and adjusted to take the outdoor sensor out of the equation but could not get injection pumps to run anymore than approximately 15%. Even though Mix temperature was Very low.
    I removed the three boiler sensors and installed them on the returns ,went into the parameters, changed the wiring and change the dip switch.
    Now injection pumps are running at 100% when required.
    Question1? why is this I just don’t understand this property.

I’m planning on removing the three over complicated thermostats [engineered wood flooring] And put in standard digital thermostat with no slab sensor my thinking is provided the mixing block is property set up it should never be a problem and the engineered wood flooring is not greatly affected by heat.
    Thoughts?

Check valves on the RMBs are Clattering which was always a problem so I need to remove and install external spring check valves [I thought it was Air at first but then I remembered the last one of these we installed was 16 years ago and we had that problem]
    I’m planning on removing one RMB , and joining the two manifolds That are servicing the same room together, only possible issue here is two of the loops appear to be very short so I will have to spend some time balancing by trothing down the returns, advantages are creating some more space making things less complicated and less things to be replaced when the time comes.
    Any thoughts?
  • Steve_210
    Options
    Sorry guys meant to say thanks for everybody’s help and correction Boiler is either 2000 or 2001 The label is a little worn but system is 20 years old.
    Boiler looks in excellent Condition and combustion numbers are very close to where they should be