Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rad and TRV head issues, 'not a problem' ???

GW
GW Member Posts: 4,797
https://photos.app.goo.gl/F1TyA4vH6geEqYtg7

Vendor says it's all fine (in so many words), find another TRV or grind down the actuator? Got 6 of them to deal with
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,814
    I think you are missing the adapter ring. It goes over the brass hex and gives you a groove for all those fingers to engage into and hold it all together?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • GW
    HR I’ve been installing this stuff for a long time, never seen the part that you describe. Normally the TRV screws onto the valve. I’ll keep digging, thanks  
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    The correct style has the ring only. The style your holding is for Buderus type circuit setters. Most manufacturers sell both types. I use the Oventrop because the heads are smaller.
  • GW
    Paul how bizarre the vendor specializes in Euro panel rads and accessories 

ive never had this glitch 
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 756
    edited January 2022
    Looks like the valve on the Buderus panels .... Mine use the Danfoss RA2000. Supply House stocks. They also sell one under the Buderus name that is a bit less money. The older ones had a set screw -- these newer just snap on
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    TAG said:
    Looks like the valve on the Buderus panels .... Mine use the Danfoss RA2000. Supply House stocks. They also sell one under the Buderus name that is a bit less money. The older ones had a set screw -- these newer just snap on
    I love those new snap on
    Steve Minnich
  • GW
    Not sure i understand, this one has a screw down collar as well. It definitely will not stay on the valve if it’s not screwed down
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 756
    GW -- the set screw I'm referring to is a hex head screw to stop the head from spinning ... not that collar in your picture. The newer style RA2000 does not require the set screw. I have seen the type in your picture -- have never used and don't know what they go to. Paul above references Buderus having that type .... none of mine have had the need for the collar (he knows much more than I)

The RA 2000 has always worked for me on the Buderus panels and the Oventrop/ Danfoss type valves that are required when doing the Runtals.

Next order to supply house I'm going to order up one of those cheaper Buderus heads to check it out
    GW
  • GW
    Problem solved 
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,814
    Perfect solution, thanks
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • GW
    The other ones—-the dangle thingie was sticking too far in. Oddly, one of them was fine, but I just yanked all of them and installed these 
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com