Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

System energy manager 2000

Options
Jrd5327
Jrd5327 Member Posts: 1
Hey guys I need some help here. 
I have a system energy manager 2000 installed on my furnace. 

It powers on and I get a flashing 100 light. And a red monitor light. Even after a power reset I continue to receive this light. I hear a buzzing sound coming from the manager. The system never calls for heat. 

I've called for a tech, but he won't be here for 2 days. Any clues?

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Sensor is bad or a loose sensor wire
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    SERVICE BOARD MODE:
    The Digital Manager can be placed into “SERVICE BOARD MODE” by turning off the system switch
    and removing the RED temperature sensor lead from the left side input connector, and turning power back on.
    Removing the RED lead does exactly the same thing as inserting the traditional green “Service Board”. The
    traditional service board may still be used if desired. SERVICE BOARD MODE allows the boiler to run like a
    conventional boiler. The burner is controlled by the high limit aquastat and the circulator runs continuously. If
    this mode is used, temporarily reset high limit aquastat to 165o
    /180o
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    STEVEusaPA
  • Roger
    Roger Member Posts: 333
    Options
    Thank you for your question, @Jrd5327 , and for your post, @Robert O'Brien .  As the burner and circulator lights are on, and all of the input lights and output lights except hot water are on, the burner should be running and you should have heat.  If you do not have heat, we’d need more details to find out why. A buzzing noise could be a damaged manager component due to a shorted output or damaged power supply from over voltage or a few other things. 
    If the burner is running but a zone is not opening, it could be manually opened for emergency heat. There are other ways to get emergency heat without a manager as well.
    If the manager needs to be replaced, there is a lifetime protection plan, some details here:

Best,
    Roger
    President
    Energy Kinetics, Inc.
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,705
    Options
    I'm asking,
    is there an inducer on this?
    it's LED is NOT lit
    known to beat dead horses
  • Roger
    Roger Member Posts: 333
    Options
    Just to reiterate, it looks like the heat should be on and serving all four zones from the photo. Possibly the burner is locked out (treat as a normal service call), or maybe the fan relay is not working so there is no power to the burner or circulator (one relay powers both the circulator and burner, TT is made when the burner light is on as is the case in the photo; this is an older Riello burner so there is a separate relay like the Riello LT1 for this purpose).
    Roger
    President
    Energy Kinetics, Inc.