Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help Identifying Some Components

Options
Charmikey
Charmikey Member Posts: 1
Hi everyone. I just moved into a house and I was doing some research on the boiler I have in regards to regular maintenance and stuff and one of things I read was to purge the system if I start to gear gurgling or banging but I can’t seem to find a purge valve on any of the zones. I was hoping someone could at least tell me what I’m looking at and where I should be looking for these valves. Any help would be appreciated 

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    With the power off (all zone valves closed), you can close the supply valve above the tridicator gauge, manually open the zone valve you're purging, and purge from the drain below the circulator. 
    You won't be purging through the boiler, but its better than nothing. 
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,646
    Options
    Note that as long as it is circulating the air should be removed by the air separator if it is working properly, you should only need to purge if there is no circulation.
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Do like HVACNUT said. But if you let the boiler cool way down, you can also open the relief valve on the back left of the boiler and that will push more air out from the top of the boiler. Hopefully the air vent will pick up the rest of the air then.
    And the way that boiler is set, and piped, I am glad I don't have to work on it.
    Rick