Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Camus Advantus 2500

Hello everyone,
I started a new job where we use a Camus Advantus 2500 to heat water for a snow melt system for a parking ramp. The system seems to have an inadequate amount of water flow through the boiler. I either hit Delta T or the off setpoint causing the boiler to run for about a minute or two then shut off. I have two questions: do you think adjusting the PID values (right now 70,20,0) may possibly help or also limiting its max firing rate (currently 40%)? Also, I can log into the unit with the password "sola" but am only able to change some of the settings/values. Does anyone know of a password with additional access privileges?
Thank you, 
Joe 

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 16,092
    Don't know the password.

Seems like the lack of or low flow should be the first issue addressed, but maybe you trying to get out of a jamb.

First you have to make sure you have some flow so you don't melt it down (the boiler)

then try limiting the fire
  • desktop_pilot
    desktop_pilot Member Posts: 2
    We do have flow through the boiler. This boiler was put in to replace an older one. I feel it is much too large and instead should have been two smaller ones in a lead-lag setup. We do have a mechanical engineer coming out to see about changing/adding pumps and possibly changing the loops. In the meantime I'm just trying to keep it running for longer than a couple minutes at a time. The temps in MN have dropped this past week and are heading downward again. 

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 16,092
    @desktop_pilot

???????? are you on the wrong post?