Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Caleffi P&T Valves

Options
SENWiEco
SENWiEco Member Posts: 159
Does anyone know where I can get Caleffi T&P valves in North America?

I have a buffer tank that is fabricated in Europe. It has a max temp rating of 90C (194F) and 150 PSI (although I can accept anything in the 30PSI and up range - 2 bar and up)

The Caleffi T&P valves would work perfectly, but local rep states they are not available in North America. Been searching for a local brand, but they all come back 220F as the set temp.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Many Thanks and Happy New Year
Sean Wiens

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    shop online, maybe the UK sites. Most will ship anywhere.

We have not offer them as they would need to have all the required listings for US sales. They meet or exceed the requirements it's $$ to have all the styles and sizes listed.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    SENWiEco
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,862
    edited December 2021
    Options
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001273645709.html?spm=2114.12057483.0.0.4b97178ar0n5LE
    I have never used this company before, but this was the first one that popped up with the 90°C spec.

EDIT:

What is the pipe thread? The european tank may need BSP thread. The valves made in USA for USA use, are usually SAE Tapered pipe threads measured in fractions of an inch (3/4" for most residential water tanks)

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

SENWiEco
  • SENWiEco
    Options
    Thanks @hot_rod, totally understand. Thanks @EdTheHeaterMan - you have made a great point, my tank has standard 3/4" NPT. So looks like the Caleffi will not work.

So I am back to square one. Anyone have any ideas on what I can use. I need something below 194F (can be well below, max I would need is around 120F). And then anything in the range of 30 psi to 150 psi (system will probably run around 22 psi).

I have attached a photo of the tank detail plate

Sean Wiens
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    are you looking for a T&P with a lower temperature?  SupplyHouse shows this 180F model
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    SENWiEco
  • SENWiEco
    Options
    @hot_rod - Bob, you are AWESOME! I have been working on this for several months. I had three different local wholesalers working on it (they all rep Watts), and none of them have been able to help me. I have spent many hours online, and never found this one. This is absolutely perfect!!! Thank you so much, I will contact local rep and get in (I am in Canada and cant use SupplyHouse.
    Sean Wiens
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,862
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I am looking at this specification, It appears that the maximum working pressure is 150 PSI. The standard Watts 100XL will do that nicely. The maximum working temperature can be accomplished with a Thermostat or Aquastat Control. By adding an additional manual reset control that is set at 180° or 190°, your tank will be in compliance.

The relief valve is not the only way to maintain a safe temperature. As a matter of fact, the Temperature relief valve is a poor way to maintain the maximum temperature. Use an auxiliary limit.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

SENWiEco
  • SENWiEco
    Options
    @EdTheHeaterMan - thanks for follow up Ed - actually, it will be impossible for the tank to ever get to 180F. This is being heated via the DX2W-EX1 and a GREE heat pump. We will be running around 86F, but the max that the heat pump could create, is probably not much more than 120F. But I still needed a TNP valve that matched to tank, to keep local authorities happy. The unit that Bob posted will be perfect for that.
    Sean Wiens
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,677
    Options
    If it is a hydronic buffer tank it only needs a pressure relief valve, not temp and pressure, right?
  • SENWiEco
    Options
    @mattmia2 - don't know answer to that. Tank vendor instructed to use TNP and tank is marked accordingly, so that is what I am doing
    Sean Wiens