Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

First Company AH - Sensi TS fan

Options
First Company has a CB201V control board. While HVAC system is new -  

Viesmann 100 propane boiler
2 First company AH
Sensi thermostats,
Honeywell zone dampers,
Taco SR502-4 and Taco water pumps
Honeywell Truezone 311 damper panel

Everything runs fine except when there is a call for heat, the fan is not supposed to come on for 40 seconds
and it comes on right away, blowing cool air.  When thermostat is satisfied, the thermostat is supposed to run 20 seconds and instead, it runs for 2 1/2 minutes, and I find I lose 1 degree. 

It bugs me because the CB201V board in the air handler is supposed to have the 40 second fan start delay and 20 second satisfied shut down built in to the board. I have two First Company air handlers on the system- both new - one 2 ton and one is 2 1/2 ton. Both air handlers do the fan on right away and runs for 2 1/2 minutes after TS is satisfied. My electrician wants to install Honeywell aqua stats but that just satisfies but that would not solve the 2 1/2 minutes after TS is satisfied. It bugs me to buy additional parts and pay an Electrican to keep exploring for a solution that is supposed to be built into the board. It can’t be the AH board since both do the same. I shut off all the extra perks like booster etc in the Sensi thermostats - maybe it’s the wiring but again, things run well. I will post a bunch of pictures and hopefully one of the pros and experts here can help. Thanks in advance - Happy New Year 2022. 

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,539
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I would get in touch with First Co. I have spent a lot of time looking at there manuals. The manuals tell you nothing. there is probably a dip switch setting or a jumper missing or one that needs to be installed.

Contact the supplier or First Co.
  • lookloan
    lookloan Member Posts: 5
    Options
    I spoke with support at First Company - after reviewing my scenario, I was instructed to make sure in setup on the Sensi to pan through equipment and select GA1for gas and not the default of electric.  When doing so I noticed there is also a GA2 and the instructions says GA1 is single stage and GA2 is 2 stage.  I am not sure if I have a Viesman 100 single or two stage furnace - I do know there is an external thermostat to the furnace so I’m thinking two stage. Anyway tge 45 second fan delay now works and shuts down 20 seconds after satisfied.  
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,539
    Options
    @lookloan

Don't know who writes their service manuals but they could do a much better job