Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Teledyne LAARS Mintherm not reaching operating temperature

joseph annon
joseph annon Member Posts: 53
I have a Minitherm on propane that operates up to about 110*F then stops. Wait a few minutes then it relights. It is a standing pilot system. There is no voltage change on the 24VAC side when this happens to the system. On the second or third time burner goes out the pilot light goes out also. I am trying to figure out if the pilot going out is related to the issue or a separate issue. Pilot will stay on indefinitely if there is no call for heat. This is a new gas valve and new thermocouple which was installed due to the issue above. Which for a time resolved the issue. But now the problem has recurred. I am wondering how to test the gas valve solenoid. I am thinking that the last thing it could be a bad gas valve. All the safety switches are functional and pass an Ohm meter test. What am I missing?

Questions.
Does the 24VAC solenoid have any effect on the standing pilot solenoid?
Could a short in the wiring be causing this issue?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,730
    Could be a gas regulator issue if everything goes out. Put a gas pressure gauge at the boiler see if it drops off. Your propane dealer can do a pressure check and reg test. Regis tend to misbehave in extreme cold.
    Plenty of LP I the tank?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • joseph annon
    joseph annon Member Posts: 53
    HMM hadn't checked the propane levels. Will check gas pressure again.

There was an error rendering this rich post.