Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Which Testo Combustion Analyzer?

Options
My Bacharach has to be sent in for repairs and I need a backup. Testo seems to rise to the top here on HeatingHelp for recommendations and I want to zero in on the model I need. Most of my work is on natural gas boilers and typically need O2, CO2 and CO readings. A printer would be great. I see that they have models with extended sensor warranties. Are they worth it?

The models that I've seen so far are the 300, 320, and 330. Any further recommendations or input?

Thanks!
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    I'm sticking with the Insight... :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    I really like my 320, not sure about the 300 or 330. The Testo is quick to give back results. I also have only had UEI, and Wohler in the past to compare to, and the Testo is far better to me
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
    kcopp
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,909
    Options
    I have used the 300, 310, 320, and 330 models all through my previous employer. The 310 seems to be the most reliable, but still less than I feel is acceptable. I maybe use a CA 10-20 times per year and it seems none of them are able to go more than 6 months without being sent in for repairs, whether they've been used once or 100 times. 320 was by far the worst IMO, I had several of them and they were constantly in being repaired. I'm done with gas boilers for the season so I won't be buying one just yet, but when I do, I think it's going to be an Insight.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,157
    Options
    I just got the UEI Bluetooth version, only used it twice but I like using the app to see the readings. The analyzer itself does not have a screen, very rugged and you don’t need to hold or hang it in sight it to operate. Also came with a printer and a nice soft bag
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream