Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

No room for actuator Caleffi TwistFlow manifold

Options
SENWiEco
SENWiEco Member Posts: 159
Happy Christmas Eve all!

I am feeling pretty foolish for asking this question but for the life of me, cannot figure it out. I have a 9 port Caleffi TwistFlow manifold and am trying to install their low current actuator (no end switches) on the last port of the manifold. It does not fit. It hits the bracket mount for the manifold, and the bracket is jambed tight to the air bleeder.

What gives??

Sean Wiens

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    yikes, good question I’ll check with the assembly team. We build and test those assemblies in Milwaukee from 3-13 ports. I haven’t seen that before
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    SENWiEco
  • SENWiEco
    Options
    Thanks Bob!
    Sean Wiens
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    When or where did you get that manifold?
    We added a short M X FIP nipple to raise up the air vent for clearance some time ago. If it is a recent build or purchase, It's possible it got assembled without that nipple.

Here is a pic of mine, installed this fall.
    I could probably scare up that nipple an d send it to you. See the red on the threads, it is a loctite connection.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    SENWiEco
  • SENWiEco
    Options
    Hi Bob, Now I do feel silly. If you see my original pic, you will see that nipple installed above the drain port. I had ordered reg manifolds and then had converted them all to the inverted configuration. During installation, I decided to convert this particular manifold back to the reg configuration and clearly missed moving that nipple to the top side. Sorry for wasting your time.
    Sean Wiens