Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Aquastat - no power on the circulation

Options
Hi everyone,
My furnace will not start so I did a bit of troubleshooting and think the Aquastat is bad but wanted to check before spending $300. When calling for heat the relay in the aquastat clicks in and buzzes, I have 24VAC on the burner outputs but 0 on the circulator output. Nothing else happens except the relay hum. If I flick the relay the buzzing stops and once I heard another relay deeper in the furnace kick but that was it. I assume I should have 120VAC on the circulator terminals when that relay kicks in indicating a bad board, is this correct?

If I need to replace it how do I find the exact model number, I see it says Honeywell L8148E but searching for a replacement shows another 4 digits. The board has the numbers 9948 stamped on it but they don't seem to be part of the model number. I included a picture in case that helps. Thanks in advance for any advice, I really do appreciate it.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Those extra four digits are production numbers. You can replace for same or put a Carlin Hydrostat (for gas) in there.

There was an error rendering this rich post.