Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Stadler Pex Fittings

Hello All,
Am looking to replace an old exisiting Stadler Radiant 7-loop radiant manifold.
The exisiting pex tubing looks to be a metric size and I'm trying to find a way to connect/adapt it to 1/2" heat pex and then to a newer manifold.
Has anyone had any experience connecting older metric pex to new standard pex?
Please see pics attached.
Thanks for your help!
Jim Raff

Comments

• JeffM
    JeffM Member Posts: 182
    Stadler is now part of Viega in the US, so you could contact Viega Tech Support for help with this (866-838-8714 or techsupport@viega.us). I believe that Hydronic Alternatives in MA still carries metric PEX fittings (hydronicalternatives.com, look under Radiant Floor and then Stadler Repair Parts), though to get from metric to inch PEX size you'll probably need to get NPT adapters in each size and thread them together.
  • JimRafferty
    JimRafferty Member Posts: 21
    Thanks Jeff.
    Viega no longer manufactures or carries 14mm fittings.
    Hydronic Alternatives sounds like they can supply 14mm x 1/2" adapters.
    Appreciate the help!
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,592
    I assume 3/8" pex crimp fittings are too loose?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,426
    edited December 2021
    If you measure the Pex with a MM dial indicator, you will get a MM reading. Measure the interior of the Pex tube in thousands and look at Caleffi's manifolds with the olive connector. Caleffi gives you the range in thousands that their olives connectors will fit.

That looks to me to be Wirsbo HePex. If the interior is larger than the range, get some EPDM o-rings a little larger and use that on the brass fitting with this particular tubing. I have done this with great success. I like Caleffi for the way it grabs the Pex tubing. Try O-rings America.

9.7mm ID is a little larger than 3/8" Pex which would be the fitting that you would use.

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,575
    I bet there is some trickery you could do with propex if it is pex a, either expand it a little more or get the sleeve to shrink it a little below its original size.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,592
    mattmia2 said:
    I bet there is some trickery you could do with propex if it is pex a, either expand it a little more or get the sleeve to shrink it a little below its original size.
    I wouldn't expect to be able to make it shrink below it's original size, at all.

But a crimp style connector may work.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,575
    See but the sleeve is smaller id than the od of the tube, you would have to expand it just slightly to get it over the tube.