Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco I-series questions

Mosherd1
Mosherd1 Member Posts: 70
First question, when using two Taco iseries valves and using two outdoor air sensors, can I run one 18-5  tstat wire and use 2 wires in it for each sensor, or do I have to run two separate cables?

Second question, does the iseries require a 10 temperature differential from the supply temp. vs. the mixed temp like a conventional thermostatic mixing valve or since it’s computer controlled it doesn’t matter?

Comments

• Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 567
    Yes, you can use the the multiple wire stat wire and run two sensors. Use one "outdoor sensor box" for one
    i-valve because the thermistor is molded into the enclosure and a separate sensor for the other i-valve in the same outdoor box.

You can make the boiler temp match the mix temp, it is a "ball" style valve and will go to wide open if needed.

Dave H.
    Dave H
    Mosherd1
  • Mosherd1
    Mosherd1 Member Posts: 70
    @Dave H_2 thank you for the quick and insightful response!
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,768
    Use the smallest size I Valve where the CV closely matches your flow requirement also . This smaller valve will reach the target temperature faster
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833