Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Viessmann Vitodens 100 Series - B1HE

Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,170
edited November 2021 in THE MAIN WALL
Their new 100 series of boilers has just become available here and Viessmann promotes them as their workhorse model for systems that have single temperature heating systems with or without DHW. Their new 200 series will handle multiple temperature systems with mixing valves.

Now comes with WiFi along with a very nice touchscreen control, "lightguide" illumination, an integral primary pump, a second set of supply and returns for DHW and a diverting valve to cycle between DHW and heating.

We replaced this Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 110.

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• heathead
    heathead Member Posts: 237
    Except for the multi temp zones. What else does the 200 add. Thanks
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    edited November 2021
    @heathead It may just be that it can deal with multi-temp zones and that's it, but I haven't put my hands on one yet.

One other thing: The new boilers require a heat demand from an end switch to turn on where previous models would default to turning on when the outdoor temperature dropped below WWSD when an end switch wasn't connected. The boiler would turn on even if there was no call for heat, typically heating up the LLH and no further.

• Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    I have not read the Venting Instructions for this boiler yet...IS the Concentric PVC exhaust approved for the Viessmann ? ?
    Robert O'Brien
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 756

I have not read the Venting Instructions for this boiler yet...IS the Concentric PVC exhaust approved for the Viessmann ? ?

When mine was done last year the guys had to rip it all out and use that gray stuff that was approved
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    edited November 2021
    PVC is not allowed for the exhaust. I used the existing PVC concentric flue termination because it's only a short segment and I didn't think it would leach enough chlorine to damage the HX.

• Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    It is probably going to be fine...Especially if you have low exhaust gas temperatures.. :)