Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tekmar 518 thermostat to the 3200 Hydrostat wiring

Options
I am wanting to connect a Tekmar 518 thermostat to the 3200 Hydrostat in a FORCE04ENRHG1 boiler (rebadged Burnham). Can I connect the C terminal of the Tekmar 518 to the Z terminal of the 3200 Hydrostat or must I use a separate transformer instead of the one in the Hydrostat? There are no zone valves or any other controls except what is on the boiler for the Feild's damper and the Honeywell ignition and gas valve. I will be connecting the Tekmar's R terminal to the Hydrostat's TV terminal and the Tekmar's W1 terminal to the Hydrostat's T terminal. The Hydrostat's instructions does not say anything when a T-Stat needs a common - wire.

Thanks
Noel

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    I would think the integral transformer can handle the slight load of the 518, but Hydrostat recommends not using it to power zone valves. I'd call them
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    STEVEusaPA
  • NoelAnderson
    NoelAnderson Member Posts: 49
    Options
    I just talked to support at Hydrostat and they said that their 3200 Hydrostat cannot even supply enough power to handle an electronic thermostat.
  • Mike_Breault
    Mike_Breault Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Mike from tekmar here, runa seperate transformer and use the 518 dry contacts to run the boiler, good luck
    HVACNUT
  • NoelAnderson
    NoelAnderson Member Posts: 49
    Options
    Thanks Mike for your support from Tekmar. That is my plan, I just received the parts yesterday.
    Mike_Breault