Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lennox GCS16R-411-100-1

Options
need some help, searching but cant find a manual or troubleshooting guide
so here is back story
apprx 2 years ago in february the gas company had come down the dead end street changing meters, yet didn't inform me [house not occupied, parents recently deceased] neighbor called me and i had to meet gas co employee to let him inspect the basement hot water tank before he would turn the gas back on.
upon trying to start the furnace, it would not start, as it was dark i did troubleshoot while gas guy held flashlight, discovered the draft inducer motor had failed.
ordered replacement and new fan as blades rusted and missing on old one.
everything worked perfect after that.
later in the summer the neighbor heard the ac making a screeching sound and pulled the disconnect. [house still empty].
i restarted the unit, it seems ok, but the condenser fan motor seemed to be turning slow,, so i left the unit off.
earlier this summer tried to start ac but the unit did not respond at all.
now, yesterday, trying to get the heat started up before it freezes [there is a second unit at the complete other end of the house[new addition].
that one came on fine after pulling and replacing the disconnect.
but the Lennox unit wont come on at all. i pulled and replaced the disconnect, i also checked the electrical panel in the basement and though i found no tripped breakers i reset those as well.
i can only find a blue electrical control box inside the unit, and a relay to the right and above it mounted in its side.
i was looking for some kind of control board that might help with diagnostics but other than the blue box with the igniter wire i didn't see one.
i did find a how to reset a Lennox furnace guide, but was without a flashlight so will be trying that in a few to see if i missed something behind the panel yesterday.
can it be that simple, a reset in that area?
thanks for any suggestions

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,545
    Options
    Maybe you could post some pictures. First thing is to see if the unit has power and that the thermostat is calling
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    Try using the fan on switch at the termostat and see if the furnace fan will run . That will prove power to furnace.