Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any similar heat exchangers out there to Everhot?

Options
Joseph_4
Joseph_4 Member Posts: 271
I gave a quote to add a 70k boiler job for app. 110 feet of baseboard. (the people are renovating an old house) I also was to replace an existing 75k 75 gallon water heater. However it happened, after signing contract and already replacing water heater, I realized they dont have enough btu's from their gas meter for an additional 70k boiler. I also discovered after doing heat loss calc that their Steam Boiler is grossly oversized especially since they removed a few radiators. There is enough btus in the steam boiler to pipe an everhot heat exchanger an RH-10 (68k bth) (boiler is 200k they only are now using 70k) to handle the baseboard load. The problem--Buying a boiler that comes with a pump and aquastat comes out to be less in cost than the Everhot plus 2 pumps plus aquastat plus relay, plus there is much more labor. If I could find a less expensive heat exchanger I wouldnt take "as much of a hit" I've been told you cant use a brazed plate heat exchanger with steam systems as the dirty steam water will clog it up. All I always see with steam boilers is Everhot.
Does anyone know alternatives that cost less?
Thanks
Joe

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,545
    Options
    Sounds like you could have used an idirect for the hot water heater load. Brazed plate HX can be used but might plug up over time and they can't really be cleaned.

I doubt you will find anything less expensive than an Everhot