Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Inhibitor adding

phil22
phil22 Member Posts: 5
OK I have a closed system with Teledyne Lars with a feeder how do I add inhibitor to the existing system by draining a little bit out should I put it in the feeder or do I add it on the bypass valve above the expansion tank and take the lid off any suggestions I have baseboard Copper heating with fence there’s no way I can attach anything to the bleeder valves there they’re just too small and in really bad locations any help would be appreciated

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    It comes in a Resol cans with a hose connection. You can connect to the valve at the bottom of the Caleffibsir separator. 12 oz can does 35 gallons of system fluid
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • phil22
    phil22 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your reply very much but I bought the liquid 1liter. Bottle fernox f1 can I pour it down the caleiffi air separator if I take the lid.off
    If I buy the resol can Do you just unscrew the cap and screw on the hose attachment and just spray it do you have to shut off any of the valves before and after it or let some water out of the boiler
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    you will need to drop pressure and drain a pint or so to pour in, possibly a repurge. The spray can came just squirt in without draining or lowering pressure. 12 ounces will not be noticed in static pressure
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    HVACNUT