Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham ESC-4CNI-TS Discontinued?

gasboiler
gasboiler Member Posts: 8
I need to replace Buderus GB142/24 gas boiler after 9 years. I got options suggested by installer for either Burnham ESC4CNI-TS or Burnham XPV4N cast iron boilers and Rinnai I090SS or Burnham aspen stainless steel boilers. 70 years old home, zone 5, 1,220 sq ft.
I am leaning towards cast iron boiler ESC4CNI-TS but saw it is discontinued on web. I don't know how he will get it. Do you know replacement for that model or other suitable suggestions? Thank you.

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    I don't see the Burnham ESC4 listed on their web site so I don't know if it is current or not.

You should find out why the Buderus failed after only 9 years. You don't want the new boiler to fail the same way
    mjstraw
  • gasboiler
    Service started after 3 years of installation and since then keep spending this or that for almost every year. Replaced ignitor 3 times last year alone. I was told that the piping was wrong somehow and flow circulator was installed one instead of 2. That compromised the machine and aluminum heat exchanger. I don't have hot water during the summer when heat is not called. Finally decided to rip everything off.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited October 2021
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
    gasboiler
  • gasboiler
    Installing X-PV but having question on type of combustion air intake pipe for it.