Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HTP UFT-80 Boiler Spares Strategy

PC7060
PC7060 Member Posts: 1,155
edited August 2021 in THE MAIN WALL
All - looking to put together a spare package for my UFT-80/100 series boilers .

I have prices the details list that @NY_Rob put together in 2018; comes out to around$850 and includes key sensors & gaskets, gas valve, main board along with the front display panel.

Other option is to buy a complete UFT-100W which will costs around$1800 shipping included. The UFT-100W is virtually identical to the UFT-80 with exception of the main board and a damper control. The slightly larger size is mitigated by the 10:1 turn down.

I'm leaning towards sparing the entire boiler because worst case I will have a drop in replacement unit (future proofing). ;)

Any inputs, recommendations or concerns?

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,575
    A used boiler might also be an option for parts until you can get a new part. the 80 is also 10:1 turndown ratio.
  • PC7060
    PC7060 Member Posts: 1,155
    @mattmia2 Agree on the turn down between the 80 and the 100, the 2K delta between lowest BTU level will not matter. I have never observed a firing rate below 15K BTU.

Unfortunately I could not locate a 80. During the install the first boiler came with shipping damage and was rejected. Wonder where that hanger queen ended up?